- UK interest rate freeze ends run of 14 straight increaseson September 21, 2023 at 12:19 pm
The surprise decision comes as the Bank of England says price rises are slowing faster than expected.
- H&M in U-turn over online returns fee in storeon September 21, 2023 at 11:59 am
Its website had previously said customers must pay £1.99 to return parcels either in store or online.
- Interest rates: How the Bank of England's decision affects you and your moneyon September 21, 2023 at 11:53 am
The Bank of England has held interest rates at 5.25%, bringing a run of 14 consecutive rises to an end.
- Firms forced to sell more electric cars despite petrol ban delayon September 21, 2023 at 10:40 am
Car makers will still have to ensure over a fifth of cars sold are electric from 2024, industry sources say.
- Car makers split on decision to delay petrol banon September 21, 2023 at 8:02 am
Some manufacturers have raised concerns that the move to 2035 could put drivers off switching to electric.
- Government borrowing rose to £11.6bn in Auguston September 21, 2023 at 7:21 am
Public borrowing was higher than most economists had expected last month.
- Japan's Toshiba set to end 74-year stock market historyon September 21, 2023 at 7:14 am
A group of investors plans to take the company private after buying more than 78% of its shares.
- Co-op boss warns of shoplifting 'anarchy'on September 21, 2023 at 5:13 am
The grocery chain says stores across the country are struggling with a rise in retail crime.
- Google accused of directing motorist to drive off collapsed bridgeon September 21, 2023 at 3:36 am
Google had been asked to update its maps in the nine years before the father of two's death.
- Bankrupted Post Office Horizon victim demands answers after 17 yearson September 20, 2023 at 11:01 pm
An ongoing inquiry into the Horizon IT scandal examines the case of Lee Castleton.